Welcome to the AISD Montessori Program
In 2014 the Annette Island School District was given a grant to start a Montessori Program for the Elementary School.
Montessori education is an educational approach developed by Italian physician and educator Maria Montessori and characterized by an emphasis on independence, freedom within limits, and respect for a child’s natural psychological, physical, and social development. Although a range of practices exists under the name “Montessori”, the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) and the American Montessori Society (AMS) cite these elements as essential. For more information, please contact Jacque Joyner
Phone: 907 886-4121 x 2231
- Guidelines for observing classroom.
- Montessori Photo Gallery at AISD Google+.
- Montessori Education in Wikipedia.
- American Montessory Society
- International Montessori Foundation